Monday 30 November 2009

MediaPortal TV: HD channels

I have solved viewing of HD channels using MP! After trying a few things, including un-installing PDVD8 and installing PDVD9, it did not work, I had a read on the MP forums.

No such luck on solving my problem specifically, but did find this SAF codec bundle. This did help me though. I downloaded the beta and started installing it... First of all it recommend that I unistall codec packs - so I removed CCC codec pack on my system - and then it detected I had an old version of DX. The nice thing was that it pointed me to where I can download the newer version which I did so. Unfortunately it errored out at the HD codec... saying that it could not find the PDVD HD DLL - even thought PDVD9 was installed!

Well this prompted me to install PDVD8 at the same time as PDVD9. I then pointed the HD decoding to the PDVD8 codec via MP configuration, and magically it worked. Now I can view BBC HD and ITV HD via the TV plugin... Weird!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.