Wednesday 30 June 2010

Recording the 2010 World Cup

Well the idea was to attempt to record ALL the 2010 World Cup in HD on my Humax Freesat HDR, but as I want to eventually move the recordings off the box and process them somehow (convert to mkv?), then it was not possible. The only way to record HD non-encrypted on the HDR is to do an instant record in non-freesat mode, and since I have a job, I could not be around during the day to do this...

Well that was when my HTPC and MediaPortal came into play. Timers can be set in MediaPortal (using PowerScheduler, either manually or via the EPG) on the HTPC to wake up the PC and record. All went well, until two things happened; first thing I found was that when I had missed some matches, and set timers for the early morning repeats, they did not record! I think this is a bug in PowerScheduler... Second thing was that I eventually ran out of diskspace! Each HD recording took up between 11-15Gb of space...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.